Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Sunday Salon: January Wrap Up

The first month of 2012 is almost done. Wow. Time flies, right?
I know I should have posted my 2012 goals at the beginning of the month, but I am a little late doing most things lately. Anyway, so February will be my month to start working on these:

1. Turn the TV off while LO is awake. I fear it has been on a bit too much. We do go outside a lot for walks in Golden Gate Park and trips to the playground. Most recently-bike rides! Less TV is always a good thing.
2. More Mommy time. I am a stay at home mom, so I am with the little girl all day, every day. I have tried getting some time for myself- I started a book group with friends, but it is not much. Once a month, and when the hubby is out of town for work I either miss or have to take E with me. Am thinking pedicures, yoga class, etc.
3. Lose some weight! This has an ongoing struggle. I am more active these days than I have been in awhile, which is good. But my eating habits haven't changed much, which is not so good. I have a Weight Watchers online account that I haven't been using the past couple months. I need to start that up again. As far as being active- daily walks, sometimes walk/run Couch to 5k training- I have a 5K next Sunday, bike rides. 
4. Cooking. One thing that would help with #3 would be to eat at home more. We eat out a lot and I know cooking some low cal, healthier meals at home would do some wonders. I have never been a fan of cooking, so this one will be hard.
5. Reading. I need to put down the iPad games, turn off the TV and read more. I have missed my nightly reading and have in the past couple weeks started to go to bed an hour earlier so I can read before turning off the lights. Need to continue this.
6. Blogging. I want to find more time to get online regularly to post and to read the blogs I have missed reading the past 1+ year. I am also excited to have some books lined up for reviews. It's been awhile since I felt that I had time to accept some.

Current Reads

Blood Orchids by Toby Neal
A Will to Murder by Hilary Thomson


Next books TBR and reviewed:

Ugly to Start With by John Michael Cummings
Merciful Law by Darby Rae

On The Blog

Giveaways
Check back soon

January Reviews

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson (review)
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (review)

Mommy News
Want some nuggets with that ketchup?
Want some nuggets with that ketchup? This girl can eat!

The little girl has discovered the fun of climbing! I fear many falls and bumps are in our future. This morning she slipped while trying to climb up on our bed and gave herself a bruise under her eye. Oh boy.


Happy Sunday!
_________________________________________

FTC Disclosure: Clicking on title and image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that babe of yours is so precious!! I can relate to so many of your goals--though I am not a stay-at-home mom. I've started the c25k program (there's an app for that) as well as counting calories (another app! My Fitness Pal). Both have been hard but I'm hoping it'll help me get back into all of the clothes I haven't been able to fit into for 18 months.

    Best wishes to you!! And definitely schedule time for yourself! (I know...easier said than done).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We think she is pretty cute, too. ;)

      I have the WW app for counting points and the C25K app as well. I started a couple months ago and had to stop after week 2 due to some hip pain. Attempting again with a friend but it is hard to find three days during the week that we can get together, even for only 30 min.

      Anyway, best of luck to you to. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)