Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quick Review: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson

I finally finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the third book in Steig Larsson's trilogy. What an amazing end to a great series of books. It is sad to think that there will be no more books by Larsson. He was quite an amazing storyteller.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest starts right where The Girl Who Played With Fire ended and brings all of Lisbeth Salandar's horrors to a satisfying end. I must say, Lisbeth Salandar has to be one of the best characters created in all the books I have read. She is an amazing protagonist and her story, Larsson's story, is just about perfect. She is such a well rounded character- she has weaknesses and strengths, she has a history that captivates and her possible futures intrigues.

These will go on my shortlist of re-readable books.

5/5

Source: borrowed

Author and story: Sweden




_________________________________________

FTC Disclosure: Clicking on title and image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this trilogy and ended up liking this last one especially (after a slow patch in the middle, I thought). I watched the Swedish movies and am now really looking forward to the Daniel Craig versions.

    Thanks for including your review in the European Reading Challenge. And double thank you for putting a link to the challenge. I appreciate it.

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thanks for hosting the challenge. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)