Thursday, October 22, 2015

Salem's Lot by Stephen King

Another October, another R.I.P., and another King Read-a-long.



This time I joined Melissa , Trish and Care in reading Salem's Lot

This was a first time read for me, believe it our not. This book has been on my bookshelf for over a decade and this was the first time I actually read it. So glad I did. It had really proper creepy vampires.  Yay!

I was seriously yelling at my book and feeling anxiety for these characters when they wouldn't get things done before sundown. Why don't they get their vampire killing on first thing in the morning? No, they wait until half an hour before the vamps are to awaken. Agh! Way to get my heart going really fast, King!

But that is why I read these, right? 

So here is the tease they give for the book:

Thousands of miles away from the small township of 'Salem's Lot, two terrified people, a man and a boy, still share the secrets of those clapboard houses and tree-lined streets. They must return to 'Salem's Lot for a final confrontation with the unspeakable evil that lives on in the town.

So, did I miss the final confrontation? 
I know they go back, but I don't really remember a confrontation. 

Okay, ladies, what's next on our list of King books. :)




Happy Reading!
_________________________________________

 FTC Disclosure: Clicking on book title and/or image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

2 comments:

  1. You are brave. Too scary for me. I was the child who cried watching Cujo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cujo was scary. I used to have dreams about a dog coming after me.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)