Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Book Review: Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum)After reading the last two books in the Stephanie Plum Series and being very disappointed, I had said that I was not going to read anymore of them. Well, I read the newest, Sizzling Sixteen, yesterday despite what I said. It is hard to say no to a book that came all the way from Austin in the hands of a friend especially to loan it to you. Well, I read and I am glad I did because it was so much better than the previous two books. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself actually laugh out loud a couple times and be interested in what was going to happen to Vincent Plum.

So, in this 16th installment, Stephanie must rescue her cousin and boss, Vincent Plum from his bookie who has kidnapped him and is holding for ransom. Sounds easy enough, but when her help comes from Lula and Connie and some other familiar faces, you know there will be some mayhem and a destroyed car or two.

Fun, fast read. Lots of Lula laughs and Grandma Mazur high jinks. Still waiting for something to come of the whole triangle with Morelli and Ranger, but have a feeling I shouldn't hold my breath.

3/5

Source: borrowed


_________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. After promising myself two years in a row that I was done with this series I have stuck to my guns this time. I'm glad it is better than the last few in the series, but until the Joe/Ranger thing is decided I always feel like I'm reading the same story over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)