Monday, April 28, 2008

Bitten-Book Review

(archived from mariknits)



I continue to read, read and read to reach 100 books by the end of the year. I am falling behind but I do have an entire summer to make up for it. I didn't read as many books this month as I did in March. I did have a week off of work and lots of reading by the pool, though. So, this month I started a new series of books filled with supernatural beings, which I love. Werewolves, witches and ghosts. Lots of fun reading. It is the Women of the Underworld Series by Kelley Armstrong. I randomly picked up the first in the series, Bitten, on a gift buying trip to Borders at the beginning of the month.

I am now hooked.

The main character is Elena, the only female werewolf. Only males are werewolves, inheriting from their fathers. People can be bitten but the change is horrific and few survive it. No woman before her has. This is the story of her coming to terms with what she is and accepting it, accepting her new family (or Pack). She lives in Toronto, hiding who she really is, after leaving the Pack a year ago. When she is called by her pack because of a problem that arises that requires her help she must make a decision whether or not to leave the new life she has made for herself. It is an entertaining book and surprisingly a very good love story.

I have now read three of the books in the series. I believe it is up to 8 or 9 books now. Not all focus on the same character. The last one I read was about a witch that was introduced in the second book, which was mainly centered around Elena once again.

3/5

Anyway, off to finish Mansfield Park, now. I really love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)