Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Salon (July Recap)

July has been a good month, with traveling to Scotland, still being on summer break and books read. I have read a pretty good bunch of books this month. 

Scotland was amazing. I saw some great castles and other sights that were amazing. The photo is of Sterling Castle, our first castle on our trip through Scotland.


Books Read in July:

58. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
57. Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong
56. The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket
55. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
54. The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand
53. Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
52. Eighth Grade Bites: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer

I thought I would have had more books read on the trip but I was so busy most days and nights. Only 7 books read this month. Look for my review of Northanger Abbey soon and also a post about my time in Bath enjoying all things Austen. I brought back a small gift from the Jane Austen Center to give away.

Well, I am off again tomorrow. The next two weeks will be spent in California with family. Second trip there this summer. My younger sister is expecting her first child and I am hoping that she will deliver the week I am there. Another niece to spoil. :)

Book Reviews to look forward to in August:

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin
Back Creek by Leslie Goetsch


_________________________________________


12 comments:

  1. Hope you get some wonderful reading done on your trip! Let's hope you packed some great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of travel. I'm glad you're having such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've a great reading month, Mari!
    I'd love to visit Scotland one day!!

    Congrats to your sis on having her first child! You all must be so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb- I still haven't packed! Books are picked out though.

    Amanda- I know! And its back to work with me once we get back.

    Melody- Thanks! We are very excited. Can't wait to meet my new niece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the picture. Scotland would be an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I'm soooo jealous! I bet that was an experience of a lifetime! I'd love to see more pics too of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Scotland. Jealous of all the travelling you're doing this summer! Babies make things so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you enjoyed your trip. It is hard to catch up with reading when the weather is nice and you are travelling so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted more pictures a few days ago here. I have also added the link in my post in case others would like to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always think I am going to read more on vacation than I realy do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you squeezed a little Austen in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seven books while traveling. I say you did great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)