Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Book Review- Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin

Knots and Crosses Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin

Knots & Crosses is the first book in Ian Rankin’s Detective Rebus series. It definitely starts with quite a bang. Young girls getting murdered and no clues to connect them that they can see, mysterious notes showing up in Rebus’ mail, a gritty city as the background and the detectives to match, plus an interesting background story for the main character that pulled me in. I had a hard time putting this one down once I got started.

I picked up Knots & Crosses on a recommendation for a book to read set in Scotland. I wanted something to read that I could picture the places I had been and seen. This was perfect; murder, mystery, detectives and a good character study. I will definitely be continuing with this series.

3.5/5

AtoZ Reading Challenge
_________________________________________


6 comments:

  1. I love Rebus as a character. Rankin is a fantastic crime writer. Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read Ranking for such a long time but could never find reviews of his books on any blogs. Thanks for finally doing it :) I'm glad it's a good thriller read, seems like exactly the kind I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aob- Yes. Can't wait to read more of these books.

    lilly-It was really good and am definitely addicted now. Glad to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stacy- I need a wishlist for all the books I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot! Another Rankin fan! I think I've finished the series now, although I have another couple of his non-Rebus books to go (also good).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)