Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Job by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

The Job by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Hardcover, 304 pages
Published November 2014, Bantam
Source: NetGalley


The Job is the third book in Evanovich and Goldberg's The Fox and O'Hare Series. I have to admit, I had not heard of this series before. I stopped reading the Stephanie Plum books at around number 15 quite awhile ago and have not read anything by Evanovich since then.  Lee Goldberg is the author of the Monk series of books, which we all know went on to be a big TV hit.
I am glad that I picked this up. It was a fun, easy read. Reminded me of some of the crime dramas you see a lot of on tv. Two very different people thrown together to find the bad guys and somehow work great together. There was some sexual tension, and cute banter between them all while performing hazardous deeds and apprehending the bad guy.
Some may not like that, but I do. Reminded me a bit of early Castle episodes. Here, though, Kate is an FBI agent who has previously caught Nick, a con-artist/thief but now works with him to catch worst criminals. In this book, they are after a mob boss and with a whole crew of hired help (a la Oceans 11) they go to work to lure him into their trap.
Happy Reading!
_________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)