Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Shopping for a Reluctant Reader

I can't believe how fast Christmas is creeping up on us. Not many more shopping days left especially for me who has a hard time getting out with my fussy little girl. I am thinking books purchased online is the way to go. 

My 9 year old niece has already put in her request for Meg Cabot's Allie Finkle books. I have read the first in the series and know these are the perfect books for her. I have never had a problem with getting books for her. She loves reading and I have had a lot of fun introducing her to the books I loved growing up.

Now my 11 year old nephew is completely different. He reads but not for fun like his sister, aunts and grandma. The books I get him have to be just right for him to read. Nothing too challenging or too long. There has to be lots of action and preferably scary. He loves the Goosebumps books.

So, my question for all of you: Do you have any recommendations for books a reluctant 11 yr old reader will enjoy?
 _________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)