Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Book Review-The Dead Boys by Royce Buckingham

The Dead Boys
The Dead Boys by Royce Buckingham

Teddy, with his mom, move to a new house in a new town when she gets a new job at the nuclear plant. Mom is anxious for Teddy to make new friends but he finds that it isn't going to be easy especially when the boys he does meet are in strange situations and then they disappear. It turns out the boys are somehow related to the sinister sycamore tree in the neighboring yard that seems to be trying to get him..

The mysterious boys, the creepy tree and Teddy's adventures kept me entertained and wanting to read more. Interesting and scary plot will keep young kids reading as well. And moms, it isn't too scary but if you have an easily frightened child check it out first. This book is meant for middle grade kids. Good book to get boys reading.

This book was passed on to my 11 year old nephew and I look forward to hearing what he thinks about it.  He loves all things scary. I think he will enjoy it.

4/5

Source: publisher





_________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I think my Bebe Boy James would totally ROCK on this book! Thanks for the review! Now to get it on my to-buy list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)