Saturday, August 20, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child



So, has it been long enough since it came out to discuss Book 8? 

I was talking to my sister last week, who has read the book three times already, about it. As you can guess, she absolutely loved it. I was a little more lukewarm in my response to it.  I liked it, I read it in about 4 hours straight. There was just something about it that made it not quite stand up to the other books. Not sure if it was the script format, or the fact that it was co-written.  I don't know.

The characters were all there, older - but their personalities and quirks were still there. The new characters were believable and fit in to the HP Universe just fine. The storyline was plausible, but there were some things that happen that just didn't seem to align with the other books. I did like that we got to revisit some long lost characters and see how the world may have turned out had Voldemort not been defeated.

Okay, so I tried to review without giving anything away. Hope I succeeded. If you love HP, this is a must read, no matter what. I love the "where are they now" aspect to it. It was nice to get a Rowling approved look at what Harry, Ron, and Hermione went on to do.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)