Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Review: Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie, Adapted by Wendy Lowery
Paperback, 176 pages
2012, Dalmation Press

I had such a great time reading this out loud to the little girl. It was my first time reading it. Can you believe that? 

I purchased this book along with some other children's classics at Target a couple years ago. They were in the Dollar Bins. I couldn't pass them up. They were meant for the little girl, I just didn't expect her to want to read them so soon. 

A lot of the story was familiar from seeing the Disney version and Hook, but there was enough unknown parts to keep the reading of it fresh and exciting. Best part- getting the little girl to clap and say she believes in fairies. Reminded me of the part in E.T where Gerdie is being read Peter Pan by her mom. 

Some surprises- it is a bit violent, Tinker Bell is not very nice and I had no clue that the Lost Boys leave Peter in Neverland alone.

I am so thrilled that the little girl enjoyed reading this book. It tells me that she is going to be a reader like her parents and that soon we will be ready to start reading Harry Potter!


Happy Reading!
_________________________________________

 FTC Disclosure: Clicking on book title and/or image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)