Thursday, March 10, 2011

Book Review- Electric Barracuda by Tim Dorsey

Electric Barracuda: A NovelElectric Barracuda by Tim Dorsey

Everyone is blogging these days, including Serge, the lovable serial killer of Tim Dorsey's  novel, Electric Barracuda. Serge has an idea - a tourist romp through Florida as a fugitive. a In the process of "researching" for his website, he finds himself along with his sidekick, Coleman, truly on the run as Mahoney and some other bumbling detectives try to catch him. 

A fun and hilarious book which, it turns out, is part of a long running series. Who knew? Well, many people did except for me. This is the first book I have read- number 13 in the Serge A. Storms series- and I am surprised I hadn't heard of them before now.  Having not read the previous books I was not as familiar with the characters as I should be. The story revolves around Serge and Coleman and knowing them would help immensely in understanding them, their relationship and appeal, as well as the detectives chasing them. 

Having said that, I still really enjoyed this tour of Florida through the characters' criminal eyes and I look forward to getting my hands on books 1-12. Here is the list of books for everyone else interested in reading this fun series:

Florida Roadkill
Hammerhead Ranch Motel 
Orange Crush 
Triggerfish Twist
The Stingray Shuffle
Cadillac Beach
Torpedo Juice
The Big Bamboo
Hurricane Punch
Atomic Lobster
Nuclear Jellyfish
Gator A-Go-Go 
Electric Barracuda 

3.5/5

Source: ARC for TLC Book Tours. Thanks, Trish.



Check out the links below for more info on the books and Tim Dorsey:



_________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. This does sound like fun, I'm going to look for those earlier books too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cute. I've never heard of this one before! I'll have to look up some of those earlier books.

    Sara
    http://smreine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is new to me as well but it certainly sounds like a wild and crazy ride!

    Thanks for being on the tour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)