Saturday, August 2, 2014

Healthy Cooking for a Healthier Me

For the past 7 weeks I have been doing the Body Back program through Fit4Mom. They are the company that does Stroller Strides. Workouts for moms with their kids in tow. Well, part of the Body Back program is a focus on nutrition. So I have been trying my hardest to do more cooking at home. Healthy cooking. 

Here are some of the yummy meals I have made. Along with the two boot camp like classes a week, I have lost 6 pounds so far! yay!

Tonight's dinner: grandpa's pasta with lots of veggies. Carrots, peas, corn and zucchini.I made a pretty yummy turkey burger for dinner tonight.
2 organic brown eggs, tomato, basil, mozzarella scrambled and a slice of wheat toast. Yummy dinner last night.Caprese salad for my afternoon snack. 137 cal, 7.3g of Protein.
Homemade Pasta with corn, peas, carrots and zucchini 
Turkey burger with goat cheese, Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning and Balsamic Vinegar on a Oroweat Double Fiber English muffin
Scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato and feta cheese
Caprese Salad

And now I am hungry. :)


Weekend Cooking hosted by www.BethFishReads.comWeekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

Happy Cooking!
_________________________________________

 FTC Disclosure: Clicking on book title and/or image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's so hard getting that weight off after a baby! I've done it twice and it certainly never gets easier. I love the looks of the scrambled egg dish - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you on your healthier living! And congrats on the weight loss. Looks like you are eating very, very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've made me hungry, too! Congratulations on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "and now I'm hungry." LOL! I loved the picture you posted on Instagram of The Girl participating in Stroller Strides with you. And Congrats on those 6 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look yummy! Congrats on the weight loss! My Weekend Cooking post has a quote about the wisdom of cooking for weight control.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)