Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Goals

New year means new goals. Actually, looking at last year's, they may be the same. Let's see...

Goals for 2013

1. Turn the electronics off. Limit daily TV time, iPad and iPhone play for the LO and for me.  
2. Reading. Turning those listed above off will increase the books I read each day. Within this goal, I have a few little ones: Make a dent in my TBR Pile, and read 1 new book to the little girl each day. 
3. Stay Active. 20 min a day is doable. I already go to Stroller Strides at least 3 times a week. I am also training (kind of) for a 5K in February. My goal for the 5K is to beat last years time of 45min. Hoping to cut off 15 min, but not so sure I can do that.
4. Blogging. Once again, I was not as present here as I would like. Time to visit more blogs and post more!

I feel like I did okay. Probably not as good with #1 as I would have liked.  I read 30 books this year. The little girl and I read at least 3 books daily. I ran the 5K and beat that 45 min. I ran it in 39min. :) As for the blogging. I feel like I posted more and tried to visit more, but still not feeling quite back.

Goals for 2014

1. No Phones/tablets in bed. This is where I am losing my reading time and sleep time. The hubby and I always said no tv's in the bedroom and the iPad and iPhone are basically the same thing. Of course, when I am reading on the iPad, I may make an exception.

2. Healthy Living. Cooking at home more, keeping active. I have been missing a lot of Stroller Strides classes. Need to get back to three times a week. Would love to find a Yoga class. February 5K is on for this year, too.

3. Reading. I would love to read at least 50 books this year. I also need to make a dent in my TBR books. It is getting ridiculous. Starting this off with the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon.

4. Blogging. More Interesting Posts! More Interaction! How about some Read Alongs and Challenges? Also, more visiting of other blogs and commenting. 

Happy 2014!
_________________________________________

 FTC Disclosure: Clicking on book title and/or image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some good goals, yay! (I love reading this type of post.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good list! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)