Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Finished Shawl

In a few weeks we will be attending an auction for my daughters school. It should be lots of fun and a chance to dress up Gatsby style.

Each family is required to contribute an auction item so I decided to give a knit shawl I finished knitting last year. I blocked it this weekend and is now ready to be taken to the school today. Hoping it sells well. ;)


This was a Through the Loops Mystery Shawl from last year, I think? It was awhile ago that I knit it. Glad I finally got it all finished and that it will hopefully go to a good home.



11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Hope it fetches a good price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mari,

    It should fetch a fantastic price, all that time and work, it looks beautiful.

    We haven't quite got into the realms of school auctions, here in th UK yet, however I am sure it is only a matter of time!

    It is a shame that you didn't ever get to wear it yourself, but at least you had an incentive to finish it off and for a good cause.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It is a private co-op nursery school, so they do a lot of fundraising. :)

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful, Mari! Hope you're able to raise lots of money with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shawl...you are talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I hope someone recognizes the talent involved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are so beautiful!! I would buy that shawl in a heartbeat! I hope you make a fortune at your auction!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)