Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Movie Review: The Hunger Games



I finally went and saw The Hunger Games this weekend. I was happily surprised. They did a great job of bringing such a great book to the screen. 
So, what I liked: 
Jennifer Lawerance. She was great as Katniss and exactly as I pictured her. I was a little worried when she was cast. Her blonde hair threw me off, but she transformed herself perfectly into Katniss. 

Look and Feel: Every location, the costumes and the makeup all looked as I imagined. The Capital and its residents were as colorful and flamboyant as they should be. District 12 was perfectly bleak, the complete opposite as the Capital.

Cinna: I really liked Lenny Kravitz. I thought he did a really great job. He was also perfectly cast, in my opinion.

What I didn't like:

Peeta: There was just something about the actor that didn't seem right to me. He just wasn't what I pictured. A little too small, maybe?

Direction: Only when it comes to the way it was shot. The shaky camera and quick cuts made it hard to watch sometimes. I had a hard time focusing. I actually had to turn away a few times due to feeling a little dizzy and nauseated. 

Can't wait to go and see it again. Hopefully this weekend with my mom and sister. :)


_________________________________________
Current GIVEAWAY: $15 to spend at GoneReading.com. Enter here.
 
FTC Disclosure: Clicking on title and image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

2 comments:

  1. Good review. It has the slightly grubby, cobbled-together look of a futuristic flick from the ’70s, but that is part of its charm. It’s also a lot better than any of the Twilight movies, which isn’t saying much, but it isn't sappy, mopey, or just plain bad and that’s all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much, much better than the Twilight movies. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)