Monday, March 23, 2009

Summer Reading in the mail

I have settled in a bit more since getting home yesterday. 

The clothes are unpacked and ready to be washed. The shower has been scrubbed until it shines and the held mail has been gone through. Books made their way to me while I was away and I was so excited to tear open the wrappings around two new books. Well, one new and one I have in an Anthology, but wanted in a small paperback capable of being stowed in a pocket of my backpack when I go to Bath this summer. 

Can you guess the book? The author, maybe?

A lovely BookMoocher sent me a copy of Persuasion by Jane Austen. A good choice, right? A good choice for Bath? Of course, Northanger Abbey is the one I think of when I think of Bath. I am reading an abridged version of Persuasion through DailyLit right now but have fallen behind by more than a week. I was doing so well. I am looking forward to reading through it properly, though.

This was not the only book I found in the mail and I just might be a teensy bit more excited about this one than the Austen one. It is my February Early Review book From LibraryThing.The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan! Check out this article for some info about the book. 

I may not be waiting until summer to read this one.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Both the JA and The Strain, but I really meant the second. We all know JA is a rock star. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I'm jealous! I love Guillermo del Toro! And Jane, of course, but I've already read most of her stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. Isn't it fun to come home to books? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)