Sunday, March 1, 2009

Books , books and more books

The Amazon box arrived on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon. Yay!

What did I get?

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
The Luxe by Anna Godberson
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (with its shiny gold Newberry Award Medal)
ttyl by Lauren Myracle

Also on the doorstep was
An Obsolete Honor- A story of the German Resistance to Hitler by Helena P Schrader (for review)

A bit different from the first four but I am just as excited about this one. After reading
Sarah's Key I have been very interested in books set during WWII.

On Friday I was surprised to find a package in the mailbox with another book. This one came from Shannon of Confuzzled Books. Refer a Book Friday is a weekly giveaway that I won awhile back for recommending The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. My prize was the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver.

I need the husband to impose another ban! 
Hosted By Marcia of The Printed Page

12 comments:

  1. What a nice full mailbox you had last week! :)

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a good bunch of book. Did you join the WWII challenge? If you haven't read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford, that is a really good book and can be used in the challenge. My mailbox is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got a nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a full mailbox! Fantastic books...I also have An Obsolete Honor! I'm reading it for the WWII reading challenge I host with Anna of Diary of an Eccentric--she's reading it now...

    here's my mailbox: http://savvyverseandwit.blogspot.com/2009/03/mailbox-monday-19.html

    IF you haven't checked out the reading challenge, here's the link: http://warthroughthegenerations.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read that Kingsolver book -- will be interested to hear what you think. Here is a link to my Mailbox Monday is you are interested: http://findyournextbookhere.blogspot.com/2009/03/mailbox-monday-march-2-2009.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lots of goodies! I also got The Graveyard Book but from the library. I've heard about it for a long time. I enjoy knitting too but I keep my projects simple and mindless so I don't have to think about it. :) Scarves and baby blankets are my favorites. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great books! I got the Graveyard Book too but it was from the library. I've been hearing about this one for a long time. I like to knit too but just simple mindless projects so I don't have to think about it. Scarves and baby blankets are my favorites. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought The Luxe this past week. Have you read the others? I haven't yet. I have one by my bed though in the hopes I can find time to fit it in. Great haul you have here. I can see visions of hubby and the ban again. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've also been meaning to read the Kingsolver book. I was so excited when it first came out and yet I still haven't read it. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. I'd love getting a box of books on my doorstep. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy An Obsolete Honor. I finished it on Friday. It took 2 weeks for me to read because I was reading it slowly and savoring it, but it was so worth it. It wasn't a happy book by any stretch of the imagination, but very eye-opening. I hope to post my review tomorrow.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)