Thursday, August 28, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

If you’re anything like me, one of your favorite reasons to read is for the story. Not for the character development and interaction. Not because of the descriptive, emotive powers of the writer. Not because of deep, literary meaning hidden beneath layers of metaphor. (Even though those are all good things.) No … it’s because you want to know what happens next? Or, um, is it just me?


You are not alone.

I am all about the story. That is probably why I read such a wide variety of books. YA, SciFi, Lit, Thrillers, Mysteries, even some Chic Lit once in a while. As long as the story grabs me I will read it. The one thing that will make me want to throw the book out the window is fake dialogue. I hate it when character conversations aren't realistic.

4 comments:

  1. I don't like fake dialogue either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity we can't ban fake dialogue from read life too! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you thru a comment on My Friend Amy. I'm a huge Bones fan as well! You have a nice blog here; I'll be checking back in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I'll read just about ANY genre! There's nothing better than reading a book that makes you feel emotionally involved in the characters 'lives' :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)